Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Words You Use Matter


In the old fairy tales we read as children, the wizard was always conjuring.  Usually they would recite incantations in which they would often use the words:  Hocus Pocus, Abracadabra and Alakazam.  We were never taught the meaning of these words.  As children, most of us liked the magical emphasis they gave to the story.  Yet, there was a powerful message in these words and here it is: “With my words I create.”
All words have a vibration and it is the feelings we attach to the word that assists us in the creation of our reality.  For most of us, we are never really aware of the power that words have in our lives.  Instead we use our words haphazardly and casually toss them around never understanding that words do indeed have power.  Sometimes the only time we recognize the power of words is when we are on the receiving end of a callous word.
On a personal level, the two most powerful words in the English language are:  “I am.”  No one else can say, “I am” for you.  No one can describe you using the words “I am.”  It is only you that can use these words.  Yet, very few of us are even aware of what words we attach to them.  In some cases, we have become our own bullies as we look in the mirror and tell ourselves, “I am ugly.”  “I am worthless.”  “I am a screw-up.”  “I am poor.” 
The words “I am” can be liken to the soil of Mother Earth.  The words you attach to “I am” are like the seeds you sow in Mother Earth.  You have the option of planting seeds that are going to produce flowers or weeds.  Each will grow in the soil, however the one you cultivate will be the one that dominants your garden.  Do you want weeds or flowers?
Speak of yourself in the positive.  Accentuate that which is positive about you.  Eliminate the negative.  Refrain from criticizing yourself.   You are a divine magnificent expression of Source Energy in action and your garden should be one of flowers.
Here is Paul McCartney doing an old Johnny Mercer song called Accentuate the Positive....
 

2 comments:

  1. Authors... albeit with good intention have written volumes... about the subject of positive thinking, positive actions, positive words etc. I believe Einstein stated "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." The author here has created a couple of simple paragraphs in the direction of simplicity! Taking the recommended basic steps usually leads to the next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. where have you been all my life??? I love the simplicity of your writing. I know this things but I have not been able to articulate the words to people around me or myself too. THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete